Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Uncelebrated

"Will you still medal in the morning" written by Sam Alipour, appearing in ESPN The Magazine, gives readers a behind-the-scenes look at what really happens in the Olympic Athlete Village. This article seemed quite fitting, as my blog's goal is to provide readers with an inside look into the lives of college athletes. I want to give my readers the same reaction that I had when I first read Alipour's article.

When I stumbled across the ESPN article I was very intrigued and curious. After reading the entire article my mind was blown. I could not believe the details that were revealed and how many athlete's spilled the dirt on the sex and parties in the Olympic Village. I was taken by surprise and had a hard time watching the 2012 London Olympics without being reminded of what might take place after the athlete's events.

As an aspiring Olympic athlete for the Canadian National Volleyball team I thoroughly enjoyed this article and recommend to all who watch the Olympics and want to be exposed to a whole new side of the games.

Reference:
ESPN - Sex in the Olympic Village

No comments:

Post a Comment